How to ensure people aren't over allocated
Why check for over-allocation
There are several reasons you may want to make sure someone isn't over-allocated:
- In Project Management, you may want to avoid assigning a person to work on two tasks at once
- In Legal Cases, you may want to verify someone's alibi or story, to ensure their version of the facts equates with other evidence
- In Fiction, you may want to make sure you haven't inadvertently put your character in two places at once
How to visually check for over-allocation
To ensure that a person or character isn't in two places it once, follow these steps:
- Open Timeline View
- Open the Person Entity List from the Sidebar (Desktop/Tablet) or Footer/Toolbar (Mobile)
- Click the filter icon next to a particular character.
- This will filter the timeline to show only items associated with that particular person. You will now be looking for events that overlap one another.
- To make this easlier, change the timeline display to show "Marker only"
- On Desktop, click on the Card Details icon on the far left of the toolbar, and choose "Marker Only"
- On iOS, click on the View Settings icon in the Sidebar (tablet) or overfow menu in the toolbar (mobile), and then choose "Marker only" in the View Settings panel
- Similarly, change the timeline layout to be "Compact"
- On Desktop, click on the Layout icon in the footer and choose "Compact"
- On iOS, the Layout is found in View Settings, as per the previous step
- To then check other people, leave all previous settings in place, and click on the filter icon next to another person in the Person Entity List.