Sharing your timeline with others
There are several options available if you wish to share your timeline with other people, depending on the level of interactivity you want them to have.
Share your timeline in read-only mode
Aeon Timeline is available as a free download on Mac, Windows and iOS for anyone who wants to be able to view timeline files created by other users.
You can share your timeline file with someone else using the usual file-sharing methods:
- Send them the file via email (you may wish to zip the file in advance so that it is a recognised file format for your email system)
- Transfer the file via file sharing services such as Dropbox
- Transfer the file on USB
For someone to view your timeline in read-only mode, they should follow these steps:
- Go to https://timeline.app/download to download the app directly, or follow the links to get the App Store version
- Run Aeon Timeline, and when the My Account screen appears, click on the Switch to read only mode button towards the bottom of the screen
- To open a timeline file:
- On Desktop: In the Welcome Screen, click on Open and browse to find any timeline file on your computer.
- On iOS: open Aeon Timeline app, and locate the file on your device by navigating the File Browser.
The timeline will be opened in read-only mode. The user will still be able to change views, perform searches, and apply filters, but they will not be able to edit the file or save any changes.
Export your timeline to Image or PDF
On Desktop (Mac or Windows), you can export your timeline to an image file or PDF, which can then be embedded in other locations (e.g. an image file can be uploaded to a website).
When exporting, you can configure exactly which views, filters and display settings are used in advance.
PDF files will typically be a smaller file size, but have fewer embedding options.